Spicy Marinara Sauce (Reduced Fat)
Makes: 5 Servings Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min
- ⅛ cup Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 20 oz. fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic until it begins to color slightly. Pour in wine and cook until a good bit of the liquid evaporates.
Add the crushed red pepper, tomatoes and sugar and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly. Add the basil and cook 5 minutes more.
Spicy Primavera Marinara
Makes: 5 servings Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 20 min
- 1/8 cup Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 oz. red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 oz. zucchini, sliced
- 1/8 oz. basil, chopped
- 2 3/4 oz. red onion, sliced
- 2 oz. carrot, sliced
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- Pinch of Splenda blend
Saute the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of Splenda blend.
Next, add all of the vegetables and the Kitchen Basics Chicken Broth. Add the basil after cooking for a few mintues.
Cook the vegetables until they are al dente. Add all sauteed vegetables to the CSL Spicy Marinara Sauce.
*When adding seared shrimp, let it low simmer in the broth with the vegetables for about 5 minutes.