Brownies in a Cone
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 17 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- buttercream recipe (below) or one container store icing thinned
- Colored sprinkles
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, using 3 eggs. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and top is dry (do not over bake). Cool completely.
Swirl cupcake tops in icing add sprinkles
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or 1/2 pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream.
- 3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer on medium speed.
Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes.
If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time. Thin until icing is thin enough to swirl cupcakes
About 3 cups of icing. Remainder can be frozen for later use
Mexican Chicken Rolls
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 package Monterey jack cheese with peppers (8 oz) cut crosswise into 8equal slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
Roll up from short side, and secure with wooden picks.
Dip chicken rolls in butter, and dredge in bread crumb mixture.
Place rolls, seam side down, on a baking sheet.
Cover and freeze until firm; transfer to a large heavy-duty plastic freezer bag and return to freezer.
Freeze up to 6 months.
To serve, place frozen chicken rolls in a lightly greased 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish; bake at 400 ° F for 30 minutes.
Lazy Perogie Casserole
- 20 med. potatoes (or prepared store mashed potatoes) Make 18 servings
- 2 pkgs. lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. butter
- 4 med. onions
- 1 1/2 lbs. cheese, longhorn or cheddar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chop and brown onions in butter.
Cook noodles until soft
Cook potatoes and mash. Or prepare boxed
Season with salt and pepper.
In a large baking dish, put a layer of onions followed by a layer of noodles and a layer of
potatoes and cheese until all ingredients are used.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
Salad in a bag
Prepare all ingredients for your salad and place them in a kitchen garbage bag or container (See below*)
place in cooler if travel time is long
pour dressing into bag and shake
*items which are high in water content or will absorb moisture such as berries, cucumbers or mushrooms or croutons should be added right before salad is tossed. Blueberries are ok.
lettuce, spinach, carrots, celery, nuts, olives, onions etc are fine