Spicy Lemongrass Chicken
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 to 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 1.5 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2.5 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Discard upper 2/3 of lemongrass stalks and outer skin. Finely chop lemongrass.
2. Combine chicken, lemongrass, ginger, half the garlic, ground black pepper, 2 tbsp. fish sauce, and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
3. Heat oil over high heat. Stir in remaining garlic until fragrant. Add chicken mixture. Lower heat to med. and add remaining fish sauce and cayenne pepper. Cook for another 10 to 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.