Crab Cake Crostini with Corn and Bacon Salsa
- 12oz fresh cooked lump crabmeat (1 1/3 cups) or 2 cans (6.5 oz each) special white lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup Progresso® Italian style panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, cooked, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon of the garlic salt; mix well. Carefully unroll loaf of dough; spread crab mixture to within 1/2 inch of long edges. Starting with 1 long side, roll up tightly; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, on cookie sheet.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; transfer from cookie sheet to cutting board. Using serrated knife, cut loaf into 24 slices about 1/2 inch thick.
Set oven control to broil. Brush slices with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine remaining mayonnaise, corn, tomato, green onions, bacon, cilantro and remaining 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture onto each slice.