Biscuit Corn Cakes with Goat Cheese and Blackberry-Thyme Sauce
- 1 jar (12 oz) Smucker’s® Seedless Blackberry Jam (1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 cup crumbled chèvre (goat) cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
In 1-quart saucepan, stir together blackberry jam, thyme, water and 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until slightly thickened. Keep warm.
Place cornmeal in shallow dish. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Gently flatten each biscuit to 3-inch round. Coat both sides of each biscuit with cornmeal, press in lightly.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place half of the biscuits in skillet and cook 4 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking, or until browned and lightly puffed. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and remaining biscuits.
For each serving, place 2 warm corn cakes on plate. Sprinkle each with about 3 tablespoons goat cheese. Drizzle each with about 3 tablespoons blackberry sauce; garnish with blackberries and remaining lemon peel.