Asian Scallion Buns with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (12 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Sesame Seed
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s® Simply Fruit® Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Dash McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
Heat oven to 350°F. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with canola oil. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Brush rectangles with 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Top each rectangle with 3 tablespoons green onion; sprinkle with pepper. Starting with 1 long side of each rectangle, roll up. Cut each roll into 3 pieces. Twist each dough piece into 4-inch rope. Lightly coil each rope into small bun. On floured work surface, press each bun into 3-inch round. Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Brush buns with remaining sesame oil; sprinkle with sesame seed.
Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat spreadable fruit, water, soy sauce, ginger and vinegar over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thoroughly heated; stir in red pepper. Transfer sauce to small serving bowl. Serve warm buns with sauce.