THAI FRIED NOODLES
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (cooked al dente)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- ½ pound pork (thinly sliced, about 1/4" x 2" long)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- ½ cup ground roasted unsalted peanuts
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh limes cut into wedges
Noodles should be cooked but firm.
Mix fish sauce, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl, set aside. Heat wok or large skillet, coat with oil and add meat. When raw color is gone, add garlic and continue to stir fry, add eggs and scramble with meat. Add fish sauce to mixture. Stir fry briefly. Add noodles to wok tossing with meat mixture; add the scallions and 3/4 of the bean sprouts (reserving some for garnish). Continue stir frying until sprouts are crisply tender.
Serve immediately with the ground peanuts sprinkled on top and the remainder of the bean sprouts. Accompany with red pepper flakes and limes for individual taste and addition.