Posted on February 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Pound Cake Ingredients:
- 2 sticks salted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- 3 cups sifted flour+ 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. any flavors extract
- 2 tbsp. vegetable shortening
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1) Place the first two ingredients in a large mixing bowl and cream together.
2) Next add in the third ingredient until combined.
3) Then add in the 3 cups pre-sifted flour and baking powder slowly until the mixture comes together.
4) Next, add the room temperature eggs one by one slowly.
5) Lastly, add the milk and extract of choice until mixture is smooth.
6) Grease the cake pan with 2 tablespoon vegetable shortening and dust with 1 tbsp flour.
7) Using a large bundt cake pan place mixture evenly into the pan.
8) Bake in a cold oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake is done.
9) Let cake cool completely.
10) Using a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract and blend on high until it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
11) Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or fresh fruit.