Posted on February 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Cherry Sauce
- 2 H-E-B Beef Tenderloin Steaks, 8 oz
- 2 Tablespoons Ottavio Grapeseed Oil, divided use
- 1 Tablespoon Adams Reserve Peppercorn and Garlic
- ½ cup Cookwell Star Chefs Dry Cherry Steak Sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
1. Rub steaks with half of the grapeseed oil and season with rub (both sides).
2. Preheat a large Sauté pan and oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cook steaks over Medium heat 5 minutes per side Place onto a baking sheet and into hot oven for 5 additional minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium-size skillet over Medium-High heat; sauté mushrooms 3 minutes. Add steak sauce, cream, and mustard. Cook 3 minutes to boil and thicken slightly; pour over steaks and serve.
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, Sliced ½ inch pieces
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Adam’s Reserve: Truffle Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, Cracked
1. Preheat a large sauté pan 5 minutes medium heat.
2. Add oil
3. Sauté asparagus pieces for 5-7 minutes.
4. Season with truffle salt and pepper to taste.
Wine Poached Pears & Fruit
- 1 Cups Red Wine (Sweet Bliss)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 TBSP Lemon Zest
- 2 ea Pear, Diced
- ½ Lb Strawberries, Halved
- ½ Cup Mixed Berries
1. Place wine, sugar, lemon zest into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer.
2. Add strawberries for 5 minutes. Then add pears and mixed berries for an additional 5-7 minutes.
3. Can be cooked ahead of time and re-heated.
4. Spoon over favorite cake: Angel Food