HOUSTON—Meet the stars for the 2014 Urban Souls Dancing with the Houston Stars charity gala/ competition. Local celebrities, community and business leaders traded in their professional shoes for a pair of dance shoes to battle it out for top honors. The event was held Sunday, May 4 at the H.E.S.S. Club in the Galleria area. It was a night to remember!
- Radio/ TV personality Ayana Mack and her partner Jeremiah Jenkins gave us a sensual salsa!
- Harris Co. School Trustee Erica Lee Carter and her partner Walter Hull brought the house down!
- TV personality and Emmy Award-winning journalist Linda Lorelle and her partner Nick Muckleroy had everyone out of their seats with a standing ovation. Awesome!
- Actress Rashia Whitlock and her partner Leonard Price “eased” across the floor with a routine inspired by “The Wiz!”
- KHOU.com Senior Producer of Digital Media Nakia Cooper and her partner Donnie Johnson opened the show with a bang! They brought the fire to the floor! Nakia was crowned the 2014 Lady’s Dance Champion.
- Consultant, actor and model Chris Ferguson and his partner Tamara Coleman gave us smooth moves with plenty of spice!
- Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kevin Smith and his partner Stephanie Dunlop made our hearts skip a few beats with their awesome performance.
- Former Pro NFL Athlete Ricardo McDonald and his partner Lauren Burke were high-flying and dropping it low for a high-energy performance!
- The Director of Council Relations for Mayor Annise Parker, Mr. William-Paul Thomas, and his partner Loren Holmes made us all “Happy” as they captured the hearts of the crowd!
- Attorney Travis Torrence and his partner Mayra Bullock sizzled across the dance floor to a sultry Janet Jackson tune and brought home two trophies; 2014 Male Dance Champion and Overall Champion. Way to go!