Happy birthday to the founder of The Beatles, renowned singer-songwriter, and promoter of peace, John Lennon.
Lennon’s life was cut short at age 40.
That was just ten years after the Beatles split.
His life, although short, influenced an entire era as he became an inspirational figure through his peace and political activism efforts.
His post-Beatles track, “Imagine” was his most critically acclaimed solo work and was named number three on Rolling Stone's "All-Time Best Songs" list.
Today he would have been 76 years old.
· "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -shortlist.com
·"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." -shortlist.com
·"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." -shortlist.com
·"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." -shortlist.com
· "If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal." -brainyquote.com
·"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one." -genius.com
· "The more I see the less I know for sure." -shortlist.com
· "Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." -shortlist.com
· "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." -shortlist.com
· "You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!" -shortlist.com
· “Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.” -goodreads.com
· "Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end." -shortlist.com
· "When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps." -goodreads.com
· "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." -goodreads.com
· "It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love."- goodreads.com
© 2017 WKYC-TV