Anthony Rapp is 'very gratified' by people's responses following his Kevin Spacey claims

Though not all the feedback has been positivefollowing Anthony Rapp's claims of sexual misconduct against Kevin Spacey, the Star Trek: Discovery actor says he is happy with the responses. 

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight Monday, Rapp said, "I’ve been surprised by all of it."

"I've been very gratified by the response that I've gotten from so many people," he said. "I think all of this is an important step to help dismantle the machinery that allowed this sort of thing to continue."

Rapp told BuzzFeed in an October story that Spacey made sexual advances on him back in 1986 when Rapp was just 14. Since then, more than a dozen additional Spacey accusers have come forward, Spacey has been cut from the Ridley Scott film All the Money in the World and House of Cards has opted to resume production in 2018 focusing on Robin Wright's character sans Spacey.

After the House of Cards news broke, Rapp tweeted that he was glad the Netflix series would continue. 

"I’m very gratified to learn that the many folks who’ve been in limbo this past month will in fact have the chance to complete their work that had been interrupted," he said on the social media site Monday. "I wish them all the very best on @HouseofCards Season 6."

“It was important to me that the ripple effects of everything that's gone on don't negatively affect too many people,” Rapp said to the entertainment news outlet. “So, I'm really happy that the people who are working on House of Cards are continuing to get to do that work.”

If you have ever experienced or witnessed sexual misconduct while working in the entertainment industry, we’d like to hear from you. Send us a secure tip using the instructions at newstips.usatoday.com.

© 2017 USATODAY.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment