TODD MISSION, Texas—The Texas Renaissance Festival announced that a family that names its newborn with the words "Texas" and "Renaissance" could be the winner of three lifetime passes and a $1,000 savings bond.
It's not too far off from sanctifying your firstborn son, and it’s a bold move for a roasted turkey leg and an annual jousting exhibition.
The "Heir to the Throne" contest beings on August 1 and the rules are as follows:
1. Applicants must submit an introduction that explains the following:
- Why do you want to name your child after the Texas Renaissance Festival?
- What does the Texas Renaissance Festival mean to you and your family?
- How will you incorporate "Texas" and "Renaissance" into your child’s name?
2. Submit a photo of the expecting family.
3. The words "Texas Renaissance" MUST be part of the child’s name. They can be used as a first name, or combination of both first and middle names; however they must be used in that order.
4. The Texas Renaissance Festival will review submissions and select a winner.
5. Before being declared the official winner, the birth certificate with the child’s legal name must be presented to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
6. All those interested must submit an introduction to:
Texas Renaissance Festival
Attention: Heir to the Throne
21778 FM 1774
Todd Mission, Texas 77363
That means that even if you do name your child "Texas Renaissance," or "Ren" for short, you may not even end up with those passes.
Would you take the chance?