It’s official: Chelsea Handler, after absconding from E!, is moving to Netflix. This is a big deal for the streaming service, which has been making big forays into the world of original television ever since House of Cards premiered last year. In fact, Netflix is slowly — but very surely — taking over the world. Don’t believe us? Check out the evidence.
1. They’ve got the keys to House of Cards and Orange Is the New Black
Do you think you could live in a world with Frank Underwood and Crazy Eyes? No, we don’t think we could, either.
2. It’s the only place to stream a bunch of other shows, too
They’ve got exclusive streaming rights to a slew of other shows and movies, like Breaking Bad. No Netflix, no Walter White.
3. Chelsea Handler is just the latest comedian to hop on board
Aziz Ansari already had a stand-up special premiere exclusively on the site, while Ricky Gervais’ show Derek is also a Netflix original.
4. They’re rebooting and saving your favorite shows
Did you tune in to watch the fourth season of Arrested Development? Of course you did. The return of that beloved show is thanks to Netflix. And so is the reboot of The Magic School Bus.
5. We are all mindless slaves to binge-watching and we basically need Netflix to survive
Let’s face it, you’re probably only reading this post in between episodes of Law and Order: SVU. Don’t fight it. There’s no point in trying.