HOUSTON -- The Texas Department of Transportation are hosting public meetings to present the findings of the preliminary engineering, environmental studies and proposed roadway improvements for SH 288 from US 59 to County Road (CR) 60 in Brazoria County.
Officials say the ultimate design will include:
- The construction of toll lanes within the 26-mile existing grassy median between US 59 and CR 60
- Direct-connector improvements at IH 610 and at Beltway 8
- New overpasses at select existing at-grade intersections
- Improved access to the Texas Medical Center
- Additional general-purpose lanes between IH 610 and Beltway 8
Officials say the estimated cost to build the ultimate design is $1.3 billion. The goal is to obtain environmental clearance and be ready to begin construction in 2014, but the timeline is dependent upon available funding.
The first meeting was held Tuesday, March 5.
The second meeting will be held Thursday, March 7 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the cafeteria at Berry Miller Jr. High, located at 3301 Manvel Road in Pearland. Texas 77584.
Written comments relative to the proposed project can be submitted to the comment box at the meeting. Written comments can also be submitted to the Director of Project Development, Texas Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 1386, Houston, Texas, 77251-1386. Comments may also be emailed.
For more information, contact Raquelle Lewis at 713-802-5071.