News Weather

Find posts by keyword
Find posts by date

Print
Email
|

Weather Blog: Christmas trees, heaters are a dangerous combination

by Michelle Homer

khou.com

Posted on January 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Updated Wednesday, Jan 6 at 7:23 PM

The Houston Fire Department  is warning people to get rid of dried out Christmas trees, especially if you're using space heaters or fireplaces during the cold snap.

All it takes is a single spark to send a tree up in flames.

They also advised space heater users to make sure it automatically shuts off if it tips over. You should also keep them away from curtains, blankets and other flammables.

Most importantly, make sure you have working smoke detectors in as many rooms as possible.

 

Print
Email
|