I-10 Closures affect east side drivers
Posted on February 5, 2010 at 9:23 AM
Major closures on I-10 could have you caught in traffic this weekend and beyond. We don't want you to get stuck, so here's the info you need to know!
I-10 Katy Freeway Eastbound lanes at I-45 have been the target of the heaviest construction for a couple of months. Now, the Texas Department of Transportation is flipping those closures around and into the Westbound lanes. This closure will mostly impact drivers using I-10 from the East side of town... this means you, Baytown, Channelview, Cloverleaf, and Jacinto City.
Here's what you need to know:
1. I-10 Westbound ramp to I-45 Northbound closed overnight on Friday
2. I-10 Westbound ramp to I-45 Southbound closed Saturday until March 2
3. I-10 Westbound lanes completely closed this weekend
In order of chronological closure... here are the details and the detours:
1. From 9:00 PM, Friday, February 5 to 1:00 AM, Saturday, February 6, the Westbound Connector Ramp to I-45 northbound will be shut down. (Total Closure). Detour to I-10 westbound to the Taylor exit and u-turn to I-10 eastbound, to I-45 northbound.
2. From 9:00 PM, Friday, February 5 to 5:00 AM, Tuesday, March 2, the Westbound Connector Ramp to I-45 southbound will be shut down. (This is a long-term total closure!). Take the Taylor St. exit and u-turn to I-10 eastbound, to I-45 southbound.
3. From 1:00 AM, Saturday, February 6 to 5:00 AM, Monday, February 8, the Westbound lanes of I-10 at I-45 will be shut down. (This is a total closure). Detour to I-45 northbound to N. Main St. and u-turn to I-45 southbound, to I-10 westbound.
If you are planning on driving East to New Orleans for Mardi Gras or Superbowl festivities, these closures will not block your travel. However, it could cause some delays on your way home, if you are traveling West of I-45.
Be sure to tune into 11 News This Morning starting at 4:30. We will help you Beat the Traffic!