Harris County Free Motorist Assistance
TXDOT -- Winter Driving Safety Tips:
- Monitor road conditions.
- Remove snow and ice from your car before you drive -- make sure the headlights and taillights are visible.
- Accelerate genlty.
- Increase distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Brake gently in slow, steady strokes to measure traction, and begin braking early when approaching intersections or stops.
- Approach bridges, shaded spots, overpasses and turns carefully.
- Do not use cruise control in winter driving conditions.
- Use non-freezing windshield washer liquid.
- Use snow tires and/or chains.
- If stranded, call the Texas Department of Public Safety's stranded motorist hotline toll-free at (800) 525-5555.