The Houston SPCA kicks off 2010 in full force by launching a new calendar of monthly special events planned to help our furry friends find permanent, loving homes. During the weekend of January 22nd, 23rd, and 24th, “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow,” means all white cats, kittens, and dogs over the age of six months get a second chance at life with half off the normal adoption fee for approved adopters. The animal can have any version of white on their body including white paws, white spots, white stripes and white tips of tails!
The cost to adopt these animals will be cut in half and includes:
• A health evaluation; initial vaccinations; rabies vaccinations for animals three months and older
• Spay / neuter surgery
• Deworming; heartworm testing for dogs six months and older; feline leukemia testing for cats
• Microchipping with free lifetime registration; and of course a friend for life!
• As an added bonus, VCA Animal Hospitals will provide a complimentary overall wellness examination (within five days after adoption) and complimentary 14-day follow-up care for certain conditions to give your pet the very best in medical care.
• One free bag of dog / cat food courtesy of Hill’s Science Diet.
On any given day, the Houston SPCA has 500 to 700 animals in its care and our hope is to find each and every single one a new furever family. So, “Let it Snow” this January and adopt a new friend that you can hug tight and keep warm!
The Houston SPCA is located at 900 Portway Drive in Houston and is open from noon to 8 pm seven days a week for adoptions! Visit www.houstonspca.org for more information!!