More than 16,000 pets were adopted during last month's PetSmart Charities National Adoption Weekend, which was held in partnership with more than 3,000 local adoption groups at all PetSmart stores across the U.S.
Oklahoma City, Okla. led the way with the most pets adopted during the three-day event. A total of 201 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens were given a second chance and adopted into loving homes.
Based on PetSmart Charities National Adoption Weekend data, the top 10 cities with the most pet adoptions were:
1. Oklahoma City, Okla. (201 adoptions)
2. Terre Haute, Ind. (146 adoptions)
3. Fort Worth, Texas (143 adoptions)
4. Albuquerque, N.M. (139 adoptions)
5. Mesa, Ariz. (138 adoptions)
6. San Antonio, Texas (132 adoptions)
7. Evansville, Ind. (130 adoptions)
8. Lexington, Ky. (118 adoptions)
9. Phoenix, Ariz. (116 adoptions)
10. Tampa, Fla. (112 adoptions)
A total of 1,375 pets found forever homes across all of these adoption “furriendly” cities.
“Finding lifelong homes for thousands of deserving pets is a huge accomplishment, and we couldn’t have done it without the support of our adoption partners and so many wonderful pet parents,” said Jan Wilkins, executive director, PetSmart Charities, Inc.
During all four National Adoption Weekends in 2013, 68,701 pets found lifelong homes. If you’re interested in adopting a pet and want to boost the adoption numbers in your hometown, the next PetSmart Charities National Adoption Weekend will take place on February 14-16, 2014.
SOURCE and LINK:
PetSmart Charities, Inc.