Crime Stoppers of Houston is proud to continue its Take a Bite out of Crime campaign to fight animal cruelty in the Houston Metropolitan Area. Together with its law enforcement and animal protection partners, Crime Stoppers is standing in defense of the Houston animal kingdom everyday where we live, learn, work and play.
Houston PetSet, led by Tina Lundquist-Faust and twin sister Tama, is Houston's leading animal protection foundation. Annually their support provides funding and other much needed resources to the litany of animal welfare agencies throughout Houston. Their support of Crime Stoppers of Houston is made in recognition of the agency's ongoing efforts to hunt down animal abusers, and educate the population on the prevention of animal cruelty.
Remember these important safety tips to keep Houston's pets free from cruelty and abuse.
- Know the signs of animal abuse. Stay on the look out for pets with visible wounds, suffering from malnutrition, or pets that are kept out doors for extended periods of time.
- Report when you see animals confined to small spaces, tethered with a heavy chain or rope.
- Know who to call to report abuse or the location of animal cruelty offenders. Call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Provide law enforcement with detailed information when reporting animal abuse.
- Teach your children that animals should be treated with the same respect as people.
- Educate members of your community on a the harsh realities of animal abuse, neglect and dog fighting.
Remember that dog fighting, cock fighting, animal neglect and abuse are all crimes. Violators will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Follow Crime Stoppers of Houston on Facebook.
source and Link: