Gexa Energy Summer Camp Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “Gexa Energy Summer Camp Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents) of the State of Texas living within 100 miles of Houston City Hall, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. This Sweepstakes is brought to you by KHOU 11 (“Sponsor”) in association with Gexa Energy, LP, a Texas Limited Partnership, having its principal business address at 20499 SH 249. Suite 200, Houston, TX 77070 (“Promotional Sponsor”). Employees and contractors of Sponsor, Gannett Co., Inc., Promotional Sponsor), Houston YMCA Centers, YMCA Camp Cullen, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9 a.m. (C.T.) on April 2, 2014 and end at 5 p.m. (C.T.) on April 25, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by visiting the Great Day Houston Facebook page at website (http://www.facebook.com/greatdayhouston), and click on the “Like” button to become a fan of Great Day Houston’s Facebook page (if you have not done so already). Then, click on the Sweepstakes tab and complete all of the required information on the online entry (complete name, phone number and email) and submit to receive one (1) entry. Entries limited to only one (1) entry per person, per day. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor, Promotional Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sponsor’s website or in any email received from Sponsor or Promotional Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On or about April 28, 2014 four (4) Runner-Up Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. Four (4) Runner-Up Winners will each receive a certificate good for one (1) one-week session of YMCA Day Camp for a session held June 9-August 22, 2014 at any of the Houston YMCA Centers for campers age 5-10 (ARV: $190 each). One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a certificate good for one (1) one-week session at YMCA Camp Cullen held June 15-August 9, 2014 for campers age 7-16 (ARV: $849).
Certificates expire upon conclusion of respective camp sessions held in 2014. Space per session is limited and some sessions may be unavailable. Enrollment in a session will not be complete until the YMCA’s registration requirements are met. Certificate has no cash value and may not be exchanged for a membership, discounts or other YMCA services. Other restrictions may apply. Winners’ names and all pictures may be used by the YMCA for all purposes for an unlimited period of time and winners will be required to execute a release permitting such use.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. ARV of all prizes: $1,609.00.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about April 28, 2014 at the email address provided on winner’s entry form. Each winner must respond to such notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond with such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1945 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation, review or approval. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or garbled entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, GANNETT CO., INC., PROMOTIONAL SPONSOR, AND FACEBOOK FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER HARM ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE RECEIPT, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Gexa Energy Summer Camp Sweepstakes is sponsored by KHOU-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 5, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Gexa Energy Summer Camp Sweepstakes, c/o KHOU, 1945 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019, Attn: Rebecca Cantu. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Rebecca Cantu, firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-284-8761.