HOUSTON - Are you an innovative, energetic, out-going individual who wants to make a real difference in your community? If so, then we have just the job for you.
KHOU-TV is looking for a Community Marketing/Public Relations Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a project leader and a passion for community outreach efforts. This position calls for someone who is a strategic thinker and who has exceptional communication skills. Here’s your opportunity to be a brand ambassador for one of the top television stations in the country.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating, planning and managing KHOU 11’s community events.
- Developing relationships with community leaders resulting in greater reach and brand awareness.
- Leading meetings with community partners and sponsors.
- Serving as a liaison when requests are made from the community for station talent.
- Writing and placing press releases pertaining to station news, talent and staff.
- Overseeing the development of collateral materials (on-air, digital, print, etc.) associated with the station’s sponsorship of community events and projects.
- Utilizing KHOU’s digital and social media platforms to promote community events/sponsorships.
- Maintaining a station sponsored calendar of events.
- Assisting in maintaining department expense budget.
- Representing station on community boards and committees where appropriate and as needed.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and a degree in Public Relations, Marketing or Broadcast Journalism is required.
Public relations experience is highly preferred. For consideration, please submit resume and salary history to email@example.com. Or mail resume to KHOU-TV, Attn: Human Resources – PR, 1945 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019 Fax: 713-284-8818. EOE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.