From local news and across the state of Texas to world and entertainment news, here is what made today's headlines:
- 15-year-old boy killed in officer-involved shooting near Dallas
An unarmed 15-year-old boy was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Balch Springs, a city near Dallas on Sunday. The boy has been identified by friends and family members as Jordan Edwards. For more details, click here.
- Missing Cypress teen found safe at local church
The teenager that was reported missing last week has been found safe at a local church, according to Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. For more details, click here.
- 'Swiss Machine' climber dies near Mount Everest
Legendary Swiss rock climber and mountain climber Ueli Steck died Sunday in a mountaineering accident in Nepal, his family said. For the full story, click here.
- Celtics' Isaiah Thomas at sister's eulogy: 'I wanted to give up'
Celtics’ point guard Isaiah Thomas flew back to Washington state on Friday night to be with his family ahead of his sister’s funeral. "When I found out the news I wanted to give up and quit," Thomas said in the eulogy this weekend. For more details, click here.
- Gov. Greg Abbott in East Texas after tornadoes devastate area
As emergency crews continue rescue and recovery efforts, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott surveyed areas ravaged by a series of tornadoes in Van Zandt County, which is about 60 miles east of the Dallas metro area. For more details click here.
- Pentagon: 45 civilians killed by coalition strikes in Iraq and Syria
Investigations conducted during the month of March reveal that U.S.-led coalition airstrikes targeting the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria killed 45 civilians, mostly in and around the Iraqi city of Mosul, the Pentagon said on Sunday. For the full story, click here.
- Hacker claims release of Netflix's 'Orange Is The New Black' season 5
An anonymous hacker claims to have released pirated episodes of Netflix's popular series "Orange Is The New Black" after the company did not pay what the hacker termed a "modest" sum to avert the leak. For more details, click here.