Firefighters rescued a man from a burning home in north Houston Tuesday evening.

According to the Houston Fire Department, the fire took place a little before 6 p.m. at a home located in the 2000 block of Lee Street.

Investigators say a burning candle caught a sheet on fire which ignited the couch and caused the home to catch fire.

HFD says the homeowner escaped on her own. Her 70-year-old tenant was rescued transported to Memorial Hermann where he is recovering from smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross will be helping the homeowner.