KHOU 11 Breakfast Bracket Challenge Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KHOU 11 Breakfast Bracket Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of Texas residing within 100 miles of Houston City Hall who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KHOU 11 (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. (C.T.) on March 13, 2017 and end at 12:00 p.m. (C.T.) on April 3, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Voting Period”).
Enter online by visiting the KHOU 11’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/khou11, click on the Breakfast Bracket Challenge tab, Vote for your Bracket Picks, and complete all of the required information on the online entry form (name, phone number and email) and submit to receive one (1) entry. Only One (1) entry per person, per round. There will be five (5) Winners – one (1) for each of the (5) Rounds of Brackets with voting deadlines detailed in Winner Selection, Prizes and Odds below.
Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection, Prizes and Odds. There will be four (4) Gift Card Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner randomly selected from entries received within the five (5) Rounds as follows.
All times given are Central Time.
Round 1 (32 items) – Voting begins 3/13/17 5:00 a.m., ends 3/16/17 at Noon. 12:30 p.m. Winner of $50 gift card selected and contacted. Winner announced 3/17/17 during 6:00 a.m. hour of KHOU 11 News This Morning
Round 2 (16 items) – Voting begins 3/16/17 Noon, ends 3/23/17 Noon. 12:30 p.m. Winner of $50 gift card selected and contacted. Winner announced 3/24/17 during 6:00 a.m. hour of KHOU 11 News This Morning.
Round 3 (8 items) – Voting begins 3/23/17 Noon, ends 3/30/17 Noon. Winner of $50 gift card selected and contacted by 5:30 p.m. 3/30/17 and announced 3/31/17 during the 6:00 a.m. hour of KHOU 11 News This Morning
Round 4 (4 items) – Voting begins 3/30/17 Noon, ends 4/2/17 at 5:00 p.m. Winner of $50 gift card selected and contacted by 5:30 p.m. 4/2/17 and announced during 6:00 a.m. hour of KHOU 11 News This Morning.
Round 5 (2 items) - Voting begins 4/2/17 5:00 p.m., ends 4/3/17 Noon. Grand Prize Winner of “Breakfast for a year” (in the form of a $500 gift card) selected and contacted by 12:30 p.m. 4/3/17 and announced Tuesday 4/4/17 during 6:00 a.m. hour of KHOU 11 News This Morning. Total ARV: $700.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. All Winners will be notified on or about the dates and times of the drawings listed above at the email address provided on winner’s entry form Winners must respond to such notification within 24 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1945 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc., and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
7. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. Sponsor. The KHOU 11 Breakfast Bracket Challenge is sponsored by KHOU-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after April 5, 2016) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “KHOU 11 Breakfast Bracket Challenge”, c/o Bobby Rigg, 1945 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Bobby Rigg, email@example.com, 713-284-8764.